How to make a living through blogging- A step by step guide
For some years now, blogging have become a very serious business in Nigeria and all over the world. People now make a living and even live large through blogging but the sad news is that blogging requires a lot of patience
You can find a lot of blogs in Nigeria where people talk about their experiences and their favourite topics. Bloggers in Nigeria earn a lot of cash nowadays and they just do what they love the most – share their thoughts online. However, not everyone has enough to become popular all over the country and make money online in Nigeria. There has to be something new, interesting and captivating about your blog, otherwise, it will just be lost among thousands of others.
Step 1 – Choose the topic of blogging
Step 2 – Pick a reliable blogging platform
Step 3 – Choose a unique domain name
- Make it memorable. When you are playing the name in your mind, you should want to visit the website and be interested in its content. It should easily slip off the tongue.
- Add the keyword in your domain. For example, if you are blogging about football, it will be more effective if you let your readers know that your blog is about football by including the related words in the domain name.
- Keep the future expansions of your blog in consideration.
- Use the popular TLD – top-level domain. This is the combination of letters which end the domain name. The most popular ones are com., org., net. Com. is the most popular top-level domain, so you should definitely choose it. It will indicate that your blog is reliable.
- Do not use the names of registered trademarks and business brands. You risk getting in legal trouble if you steal someone’s business name.
Step 4 – Choose the hosting company and buy the domain
Step 5 – Install the software
- Your content should be useful for the public. It needs to have keywords in the right places and be tagged appropriately.
- It has to solve the popular question that many people might be searching for an answer to.
- It has to be unique. Copying the other blogs will not get you anywhere.
- The really great content is easy in understanding and reading.
- It also includes pictures when it is necessary. However, do not go overboard with them.